Texas Nexus StudiesA Texas sales tax nexus study reviews your company’s business activities in Texas to determine if your business has the requisite presence in the state of Texas subject to collect and report state taxes. Texas considers businesses with a physical presence (ie: offices, distribution centers and warehouses), employees residing in state, independent sales persons, franchisee’s, agents or independent contractors to have nexus for sales tax purposes.
What to ExpectWhile under a nexus study a tax expert will help you determine if your business is or is not liable for collecting sales tax based on your business operations or presence in Texas. Your tax expert will review your:
- Products and/or service types
- Customer types and possible exemptions
- Locations of operations
- Out of state transactions
- Activities of independent sales representatives, distributors, contractors
Why Texas Tax Group
- Our Policy Experts are well versed with Comptroller rules, regulations and policy, haven written over 5,000 private letter tax rulings while employed with the Comptroller.
- Texas Tax Group’s team of 18 former Texas Comptroller State Tax Auditors, Supervisors and Tax Policy Experts have over 400 combined years of work experience with the Texas Comptroller’s office.
- Our consultants have performed over 5,000 tax audits while employed as auditors by the Texas Comptroller’s Office and are familiar with the audit procedures employed by the State.
- TTG has offices located in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin.