After a business has been audited and receives Texas Notification of Audit Results for state taxes, penalties and interest due most have 30 days to pay (20 days if the Notification is a Jeopardy Determination) or request Redetermination.
A settlement negotiation works to position your business with the best settlement possible.
What to Expect
A state tax expert will work to:
- Facilitate payment options, including arranging for a payout agreement if warranted.
- Negotiate for a waiver penalties and interest
- Offer additional options if charged with fraud
Why Texas Tax Group
- Texas Tax Group (TTG) is comprised of a team of 18 former Texas Comptroller State Tax Auditors, Supervisors and Tax Policy Experts with over 400 combined years of work experience with the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- TTG has offices located in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin
- TTG has represented over 2,000 clients in areas of sales tax audit defense and research
- TTG consultants performed over 5,000 tax audits while employed as auditors by the Texas Comptroller’s Office
- Our Policy Experts wrote over 5,000 private letter tax rulings while employed with the Comptroller
- TTG currently represents over 290 businesses under audit by the Comptroller’s office