Texas Tax Group’s (TTG) tax litigation support services assist a plaintiff’s or defendant’s legal counsel with audit and policy issues related to Texas taxes.
What to Expect
A typical litigation support assignment for TTG involves supporting your attorney in four ways:
- Researching existing Texas Comptroller tax authority which applies to the contested issues
- Developing written arguments and providing related supporting research documents
- Providing deposition and /or oral testimony in support of contested issues
- Suggest discovery of relevant records and information to support contested issues
Our former Texas Comptroller auditors, supervisors, and policy experts have proven to be effective support elements in Texas Tax-related cases. Often cases can be settled before trial because of the strength of evidence of experience provided by TTG. This saves time and expenses, which is one of the goals of litigation.
Why Texas Tax Group
- TTG’s team of former Texas Comptroller State Tax Auditors, Supervisors, Policy Experts, and other state tax professionals have over 400 years of combined agency experience
- TTG’s Policy Experts are well versed with Comptroller rules, regulations and policy, and wrote over 5,000 Tax Policy Letters and performed other essential agency functions while working for the Comptroller
- Since 2007, TTG has represented thousands of in and out of state clients involving Texas taxes resulting in millions of dollars in reduced audit assessments and/or refunds and credits of overpaid sales and/use taxes
- TTG has offices conveniently located in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin