Credits and Refund Claims
Many taxpayers routinely overpay sales taxes to their vendors because of the complex Texas sales tax rules, regulations, exemptions, and inefficiencies in monitoring purchases. Vendors, on the other hand, are not always well versed in the taxability of their products or services. More often than not, these vendors err on the side of caution and collect undue state and local taxes to protect themselves if they are audited.
There is no cost unless we are able to generate refunds and/or credits making our Sales and use tax credit/refund study pay for itself.
What to Expect
A Texas Tax Group (TTG) consultant familiar with the tax rules, regulations, and policies related to your business will review your purchases for tax overpayments and over accruals.
Your TTG state tax expert will:
- Perform appropriate tax research of rules, statutes, exemptions, and policy opinions relative to your business
- Review your purchases and accruals for overpayments of state and local sales taxes to determine if your business is due a refund and/or credit
- Make copies of invoices and related payments to document overpayments
- Prepare refund worksheets listing the overpaid transactions, explaining the exempt reason and reflecting the corresponding state and local tax jurisdictions overpayments
- Obtain Vendor Assignment forms if necessary
- File, monitor, and defend the refund request during the audit review
- Provide you with a report of these findings to help avoid future tax overpayments
Why Texas Tax Group
- TTG’s team of former Texas Comptroller State Tax Auditors, Supervisors, Policy Experts, and other state tax professionals have over 400 years of combined agency experience
- TTG Policy Experts are well versed with Comptroller rules, regulations, and policy, and wrote over 5,000 Tax Policy Letters and performed other essential agency functions while working for the Comptroller
- Since 2007, TTG has represented thousands of clients in Texas and across the country resulting in millions of dollars in reduced audit assessments and thousands of administrative hours saved
- TTG has offices located in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin.
Don’t let the Comptroller keep taxes that are rightfully yours!