Daniel Holcomb, CPA
Director of State & Local Tax
DANIEL HOLCOMB, CPA
Director of State & Local TaxFormer Texas Comptroller, State Tax Auditor, Supervisor & Trainer, 26 Years
EducationB.B.A. in Accounting – University of Texas, Arlington 1984 CPA Certification 1990
- Sales & Use Tax
- Direct Pay Sales Tax
- Franchise Tax
- Fuels Tax
- Motor Vehicle Tax
- Tax Policy
- Administrative Hearings
- Voluntary Disclosure Agreements
ExperienceState Tax Consultant (2013-2015), assisting clients with:
- Audit Defense
- Voluntary Disclosure
- Alternative Reporting Methods
- Managed Texas State Tax Consulting Business and performed work on complex cases for all services provided which included audit defense, administrative hearings, tax policy rulings, voluntary disclosure agreements, settlements, and refunds. Also, provided these same services on a multi-state basis as well.
- Filed initial hearing regarding election of the reporting methods for Texas Franchise Tax. Ultimately, the Comptroller changed the policy regarding reporting methods.
- Provided training to various clients on tax policy and presented seminars to various accounting organizations.
- Austin Headquarters (1977 – 1981)
- Revenue Processing
- Revenue Accounting
- Fuels Tax
- Legal Division
- Enforcement Divisions
- Worked on Joint Task Force Projects with other government agencies.
- Audit Division (1981 – 2003)
- Audited all major taxes, including Sales, Franchise, Fuels, Cigarette, and Motor Vehicle on businesses of all sizes and types.
- Appointed to Franchise Tax Refund Task Force in 1988 regarding refunds per Texas Supreme Court Rulings.
- Organized and implemented specialization of Texas Franchise Tax Audits in 1990.
- Responsible for training franchise tax auditors until leaving in 2003.
- Certified Public Accountant (Since August, 1990)
- Member TSCPA and presently a member of the TSCPA State Taxation Conference Committee
- Speaker/Instructor for Texas Comptroller –Franchise Tax Audit Class (1990 – 2003)
- Speaker Tax Alliance Conference U.T. Dallas
- Speaker West Texas Society of CPA’s
- Speaker Plano/Richardson CPA Study Group