Electronic Reporting Information

Wholesalers, distributors, wineries, package stores holding local distributor permits and certain beer manufacturers and brewers are required by law to electronically report their monthly alcoholic beverage sales to retailers in Texas.

After the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission notifies the Comptroller that a qualifying permit or license has been issued, the Comptroller sends a letter to the new permit or license holder explaining how to electronically file their monthly alcohol sales report.

A report must be filed even if the permit or license holder does not receive the letter. See Alcohol Reporting for additional information.

*Originally published in Tax Policy News; a monthly newsletter about Texas tax policy at http://window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxpnw/tpn2012/tpn1210.html